FTDI Chip has released its second Application Oriented Controller (AOC), the FT51, claimed to be one of the highest performance 8051-compatible cores available. This AOC uses a highly effective processor core, a number of ADCs and DACs, and a variety of interconnects.
- -40 °C to +85 °C operating range
- 48 MHz clock speed
- 48 MIPS processing capacity (1 clock cycle per instruction)
- 3.3 V supply rail – 8 mA active current consumption, 70 µA in suspend mode
- Hard-wired USB hub, USB 2.0 12 Mbps peripheral
- I2C slave and master interfaces
- SPI slave and master interfaces
- 4x 8-bit single channel DACs and ADCs
- 16-bit PWMs on 16 output pins with drive capacity from 4 mA to 16 mA
- High-speed UART, at 6 Mbps
- 16 KB multi-time programmable memory and battery charger detection
- Eclipse IDE plug-in available
The FT51 also has a built-in FT120 USB peripheral for advanced, multi-sensor use and transmitting/receiving data. The FT120 is easily programmed as it is a superset of the D12 USB controller.
Support for Human Interface Device (HID) and Communication Device Class (CDC) make it suitable for data acquisition and industrial control applications.
The FT51 is available in 28-pin SSOP, 32-pin WQFN, 44-pin LQFP, and 48-pin WQFN packages.