Discrete semiconductor and passive electronic component manufacturer Vishay Intertechnology’s PHP series of precision high-power thin film chip resistors are now extended to compact 0603 and 0805 cases for power ratings of 0.375 W and 0.675 W. The resistors are optimized for medical imaging, industrial, telecomm, and instrumentation applications.
PHP Series features:
- High power ratings of 0.375 W (0603) and 0.675 W (0805)
- ± 25 ppm/°C TCR
- Tolerates down to ± 0.1 percent over -55 °C to +125 °C
- 1,000 ppm at +70 °C for 2,000 hours
- Less than -30 dB noise
- 0.1 ppm/V
- 75 V to 200 V
- Lead-free or lead terminations
- RoHS-compliant and UL 94 V-0 flame resistant
The resistor series is made of a high-purity ceramic substrate. They feature enlarged backside terminators to reduce thermal resistance between the topside resistor layer and solder joint on the circuit board.
The PHP series is also offered in 1206 and 2512 case sizes with a 10 Ω to 30.1 kΩ resistance range. Power ratings can be as high as 2.5 W, and as high as 2x the power rating over traditional thin film chip resistors.