Synopsys introduced optimized Dolby MS11 Multistream Decoder for the DesignWare ARC AS211SFX and AS221BD audio processors. The MS11 Multistream Decoder is a single-package technology solution for decoding Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Pulse (AAC LC, HE AAC, and HE AAC v.2) audio formats. The Synopsys Dolby MS11 decoder, optimized for the AS211SFX and AS221BD audio processors, is available now.
Synopsys DesignWare ARC Audio Dolby MS11 Decoder Features
- Configurable single / dual decoder (main and associate channel)
- 5.1 channel PCM mixer
- Error concealment
- Dolby Pulse (HE AAC v2, AAC) up to 5.1 channels, 8-96 kHz
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus up to 5.1 channels, 32/44/48 kHz
- External PCM: 2.0 channels (configurable)
- Dolby Digital (2.0 – 5.1 channels)
- PCM: 2.0 channels (48 kHz / 16 bits)
- Multichannel PCM: up to 5.1 channels (48 kHz / 16 bits)
- Dolby MS10/MS11 post-processing
- Dynamic Range Control (DRC)
- Dialog normalization
- Two-channel (stereo) down-mixing
- Sample Rate Conversion (SRC)
- Dolby Volume 258 (optional, to be licensed separately)
- Robust to memory latency: 56 MHz processor load at 100 cycles latency
The Dolby MS11 decoder has been certified by Dolby Laboratories for the ARC AS2xx family of single- and dual-core audio processors. As a result, Synopsys offers a complete and proven solution that simplifies the development, testing and qualification of Dolby MS10/MS11-enabled devices while ensuring optimal compatibility with the worldwide installed base of home theater systems and future broadcast audio standards.
Synopsys’ DesignWare ARC audio solution is a scalable hardware and software IP solution that includes codecs, audio processors, media streaming frameworks and post-processing software. The Dolby MS11 decoder for ARC can be used on either a single-core AS211SFX or dual-core AS221BD ARC audio processor, which gives designers the flexibility to configure designs for specific applications and performance requirements.
ARC audio processors incorporate dual MAC (Multiply-Accumulate) execution units for efficient audio processing, resulting in a processor load as low as 56 MHz for 100 cycles of latency from system memory and leaving sufficient bandwidth for additional audio software. In addition, the ARC-optimized Dolby MS11 decoder enables a wide range of post-processing capabilities by including full access to the decoded audio streams.
A key application is the ability to apply Dolby Volume to a decoded 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus stream and then re-encode the stream to Dolby Digital for output to a home theater. Synopsys’ entire family of DesignWare ARC audio codecs is optimized for performance and ease of integration into SoCs and is fully compliant to audio industry standards such as AMR-WB+, MPEG-4 aacPlus v2, FLAC, WMA 10 Pro, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio.