Synopsys introduced the Virtualizer Development Kit for Renesas RH850 microcontrollers. The VDK accelerates software development, system integration and test for RH850-based automotive applications such as body, powertrain/hybrid and chassis/safety control. The new development kit seamlessly integrates into existing software development flows. The VDK makes it easy for engineering teams throughout the automotive supply chain to deploy and achieve higher levels of product reliability, reduce overall development cost and shorten design cycles. The VDK for Renesas RH850 MCU is available now.
Synopsys VDK for Renesas RH850 MCU Highlights
- Broad use case support including software development, system integration and testing with virtual ECU environment, and fault/coverage testing
- Start development early, front load test development and execution
- Higher development productivity, identify and resolve software issues in days rather than weeks
- Easy to deploy to worldwide development teams and in regression
- Customizable to your specific needs, easy to configure and maintain over long lifecycle projects
The Synopsys VDK for Renesas RH850 MCU is a software development kit using virtual prototypes of Renesas RH850 microcontroller family. It includes reference virtual prototypes, embedded software development tools, integration with 3rd party source code debuggers and simulation tools, sample code and scripts supporting a broad range of use cases, documentation of development flows and tutorials.
The new VDK enables automotive engineers designing RH850-based electronic control units (ECUs) to start developing, integrating and testing software months before ECU hardware is available. This results in higher product quality and reduced development cost.
More info: Synopsys VDK for Renesas RH850 MCU