XJTAG will hold a free boundary scan training workshop at the UK’s Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC). The workshop will provide an introduction to boundary scan and to show how the debug, test and programming process can be used throughout the product life cycle. The XJTAG workshop will take place Wednesday, June 12, 2013 in Coventry.
XJTAG Boundary Scan Workshop Topics
- Overview of the IEEE 1149.x standards
- How to communicate with the JTAG chain
- Tools to interact with JTAG devices, such as FPGAs or BGAs
- Introduction to board testing using the JTAG chain
- How to describe a circuit in order to enable JTAG testing
- Fault finding abilities of a JTAG connection test
- How to test non-JTAG elements of a board design using boundary scan
The XJTAG workshops will present an overview of the IEEE 1149.x standard, demonstrate how to communicate with the JTAG chain and how to interact with JTAG devices such as FPGAs. The event will provide an introduction to board testing using the JTAG chain, explain how to describe a circuit to enable JTAG testing and how to run an infrastructure connection test. In addition, the workshop leaders will outline how to test non-JTAG elements of a board design using boundary scan.
The hands-on workshop is ideal for engineers in design, development, test and production who will receive a comprehensive introduction to boundary scan. XJTAG’s workshop leaders will explain how boundary scan can be used from start to finish both to improve designs and reduce respins and to enhance test coverage, fault diagnosis and production yields on complex BGA-populated circuits.
More info: XJTAG Boundary Scan Workshop