Cavium introduced Software Development Kit 3 (SDK 3), which is a new commercial software development environment for all OCTEON processors. SDK 3 is based on the same Linux 3.4 that both MontaVista and Wind River have chosen for their distributions, which will make porting of applications significantly easier. The main SDK 3 for OCTEON II is available now to early access customers.
Software Development Kit 3 features a fully integrated Carrier Grade quality Linux 3.x distribution and bare metal software capabilities that can take advantage of the wide range of hardware accelerators included in OCTEON processors.
OCTEON SDK 3 includes options to sign up for commercial grade support with guaranteed response times, time to initial workaround and time to final resolution, all specified as part of a commercial service level agreement. Both Annual Unlimited and Annual per Incident packages are available and include maintenance and security patch streams.
OCTEON Software Development Kit Features
- Common SDK with broad support across all OCTEON families of processors
- Latest Linux Kernel, device drivers and Tools – 3.4 Kernel, GCC 4.7, GDB 7.4
- Advanced user space application layer
- Extended Virtualization support — LXC Container and LibVirt
- Simple Executive libraries, sample code and tools – bare metal operating system
- Yocto Project Build Toolsor rpm build system
- Cycle Accurate Simulator for OCTEON
- LTTng — Tracing Tools
- Real Time Linux support
- Eclipse based IDE FastStart program – includes 5 seat license
More info: Cavium OCTEON Development Kits