Real Intent launched the latest version of Ascent Implied Intent Verification (IIV) and Ascent X-Verification (XV) tools. Ascent IIV and Ascent XV offer enhanced support for SystemVerilog, Verilog and VHDL languages, and improve ease of use in both the GUI and low-noise reporting of design issues. The tools also include Verdi3 integration. The newest releases of Ascent IIV and Ascent XV are available now for download. The EDA tools are ideal for early functional analysis of digital designs.
Ascent tools find elusive bugs and eliminate sources of uncertainty that are difficult to uncover using traditional Verilog or VHDL simulation. This leads to both improved quality of results (QoR) and productivity of design teams.
Ascent IIV helps designers find more bugs more quickly without the need for any test benches. The latest release of XV provides a unique X-hazard report that quickly pinpoints where sources of unknowns can obscure functional bugs or generate false problems in gate-level netlists. IIV features 50% faster performance for blocks greater than 100K gates and XV offers enhanced detection of unknowns (X’s) in digital hardware including retention flops.
Real Intent Ascent IIV Features
- Up to 50% faster performance on designs greater than 100K gates
- Incremental runs enabling users to resume previous analysis and avoid a complete re-start
- A new double-toggle net check that eliminates toggle net false positives caused by reset state values
- VCD traces that provide a marker to show the time of failure
Real Intent Ascent XV Features
- Enhanced modeling of X’s that come from retention flops, a major source of X’s in a design
- Broader coverage in identifying all X-sources and X-sensitive logic found by fast design audit
- Tighter SimPortal integration to logic simulation that automatically generates a simulation free of unnecessary X issues
- A new debug interface that shows the path from the sensitive construct to an X-source, facilitates waivers of X-sources and X-sensitive nets, and provides links for source code navigation