The Mentor Embedded In-vehicle Infotainment (IVI) solution is now complaint with the GENIVI 3.0 specification. The Mentor Embedded Linux-based Infotainment solution integrates graphics, communication and multimedia middleware with libraries, system infrastructure and management components on top of Linux, and optimized drivers and BSPs for specific hardware.
Mentor Graphics in-vehicle infotainment enables automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers to build the next generation of IVI systems and include open source software components.
GENIVI 3.0 Complaint Mentor Embedded Infotainment Solution Features
- An updated Linux kernel
- Additional Bluetooth components, including hands-free and phone book
- The Node Startup Controller which enables the Infotainment Systems function to return to a last known state on power-up
- Updated versions of systemd, an emerging technology for improving startup efficiency and control
- AF_BUS patches to the Linux Kernel and dbus for improved performance on D-Bus Inter-Process
- Updated packages including Bluetooth, Internet Connection Management, and Sound Server