Microchip Technology Introduces Parallel SuperFlash Development Kit
Microchip Technology introduced the Parallel SuperFlash Kit 1. The development kit features two Parallel Flash PICtail Plus daughter boards, one with a 64 Mbit device (the SST38VF6401) from the Advanced MPF+ family, and one with a 16 Mbit device (the SST39VF1601C) from the MPF+ family. The Parallel SuperFlash Kit 1 (part #AC243006-1 is available now for $30.
The included Parallel Flash PICtail Plus daughter boards interface with the PICtail Plus connector found on Microchip’s Modular Explorer 16 Development Board. The daughter boards also work with the MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE), which enables the quick creation of code and reduces the overall development time.
Example code and software drivers for the two Parallel Flash devices written using the MPLAB X IDE, are available now for free download. In addition, the daughter boards can support any 3V Parallel Flash products from Microchip.
Microchip Parallel SuperFlash Kit 1 Features
- Two Parallel Flash PICtail Plus daughter boards
- One board with a 64 Mbit device (the SST38VF6401) from the Advanced MPF+ family
- One board with a 16 Mbit device (the SST39VF1601C) from the MPF+ family
- 16-pin header provides easy access to Parallel Flash data pins for probing and evaluation
- 32-pin right angled header provides easy access to Parallel Flash address and control pins for probing and evaluation
- 2-pin header/jumper provides flexibility to use either on board power or use external power supply and provides power measurement capability
- Plugs into PICtail Plus connector of Explorer 16 Development Board
- Follows the published recommended usage, including decoupling capacitors
- Enables designers to evaluate Microchip’s Parallel Flash products
More info: Parallel SuperFlash Kit 1 (pdf)
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.