GrammaTech rolled out version 3.8 of their CodeSonar software. According to GrammaTech, CodeSonar v3.8 is faster and more precise than the previous version. The tool features faster code analysis with fewer false positives. The latest version of the static analysis tool makes it much easier to analyze projects with millions of lines of code. The speedup was achieved by parallelizing the analysis engine to take advantage of multi-core processors.
The static analysis tool features software architecture visualization, which is a new interface for viewing the relationships between program elements. CodeSonar architecture visualization provides developers with insight into the relationships between elements in software and scales to large projects with millions of lines of source code. Fluid transitions help developers to visualize massive data sets in real time and to see the program at different levels of abstraction. CodeSonar visualization also includes other program-understanding and navigation features, and supports annotations and sharing of diagrams between team members.
GrammaTech CodeSonar 3.8 Improvements
- Faster analysis that takes full advantage of multi-core processors
- Lower false positive rate due to a combination of new models for C/C++ libraries (e.g., Boost) and improvements to the analysis
- Workflow enhancements that make it easier for developers to manage defect warnings across multiple project versions and development branches
- Better checking for concurrency-related errors
- Addition of award-winning software architecture visualization
CodeSonar is a static-analysis tool that performs a whole-program, interprocedural analysis on C/C++ code, and identifies complex programming bugs that can result in system crashes, memory corruption, concurrency errors and other serious problems. CodeSonar is ideal for embedded developers working on mission-critical applications such as satellites, avionics, industrial controls and medical devices.
More info: GrammaTech CodeSonar Static Analysis Tool