Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas announced the CC3000-Pmod Compatible Wi-Fi Adapter. The Pmod compatible CC3000-based Wi-Fi adapter development kit features a built-in internet protocol stack. It is designed to attach to Avnet FPGA development boards and other host boards with a Pmod interface connector. The fully integrated and pre-certified Wi-Fi adapter is priced at $59.
The CC3000-Pmod Wi-Fi development kit connects to any host board with the Digilent Pmod-compatible 2 x 6 pin header. The device features a TiWi-SL 802.11b/g module based on the Texas Instruments SimpleLink CC3000, and an onboard chip antenna. The built-in IP networking stack provides universal Wi-Fi and Internet access without the need for a complex CPU and OS.
The Pmod compatible CC3000-based Wi-Fi adapter kit features a small API command set that is easily incorporated into a Xilinx FPGA using the MicroBlaze Soft Processor core. The CC3000-Pmod kit helps MCU or FPGA developers to create wireless applications requiring Wi-Fi network access, including over-the-air configuration updates. The adapter is FCC/IC/ETSI and CE certified and is RoHS compliant.
Avnet CC3000-Pmod Compatible Wi-Fi Adapter Features
- Uses 802.11b/g TiWi-SL Module from LS Research and onboard chip-antenna
- RF link budget: TX power: +20 dBm, RX sensitivity: -89 dBm
- Data throughput: 4 Mbps (TCP), 7 Mbps (UDP)
- Wi-Fi Security modes: WEP, WPA/WPA2 (AES and TKIP – Personal)
- Networking support: TCP/IP stack (IPv4 – DHCP client, DNS, ARP), Wi-Fi driver, security supplicant, autotransmit calibration
- Host interface: SPI @ 15 MHz
- Host code size: up to 8 K Flash, 3 K RAM
- Four connection sockets (UDP or TCP)
- Power includes a shutdown mode <5 uA
More info: Avnet CC3000-Pmod Compatible Wi-Fi Adapter for Xilinx FPGAs (pdf)