Extreme Engineering Solutions introduced the CX-DP COM Express Development Platform for the development and rapid prototyping of COM Express and XPand6000 Series-based systems. The CX-DP includes all of the functionality of the XPand6000 series, including support for a COM Express module, a PMC or XMC, and a SSD. The X-ES CX-DP makes the transition from development to the target XPand6000 Series system or custom COM Express carrier card easy.
The X-ES development platform features a single PMC/XMC site, a single PIM/XIM site for PMC/XMC I/O, RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet connector, two USB 2.0 connectors, two DB-9 serial connectors, mini DisplayPort connector, eSATA connector, PCIe Edge card slot, three internal SATA connectors, two internal USB 2.0 connectors, and a COM Express I/O Module (CIM) site for access to I/O not available at the fixed connectors.
The CX-DP includes a single COM Express site with AB and CD connectors. For Freescale QorIQ-based development, the CX-DP supports Type 5FS and Type 10 COM Express modules. For Intel Core i7 processor-based development, the CX-DP supports Type 6 and Type 10 COM Express modules.
X-ES CX-DP Features
- COM Express site with AB and CD connectors
- Type 5FS and Type 10 COM Express modules support for Freescale QorIQ based development
- Type 6 and Type 10 COM Express modules support for Intel Core i7 processor based development
- PMC/XMC site
- PIM/XIM site for PMC/XMC I/O
- COM Express I/O Module (CIM) site
- RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet connector
- Two USB 2.0 connectors
- Two DB-9 serial connectors
- mini DisplayPort connector
- eSATA connector
- PCIe Edge card
- Specific configuration of COM Express module, carrier, and CIM may include more I/O options
- Three internal SATA connectors
- Two internal USB 2.0 connectors
More info: X-ES CX-DP Development Platform For XPand6000 Series and COM Express (pdf)