Texas Instruments announced the C2000 LaunchPad, which is an evaluation kit based on the Piccolo 32-bit TMS320F2802x microcontroller. C2000 LaunchPad is a modular, quick-launch evaluation kit that contains everything needed (device, emulation and software) for developers, hobbyists and university students to explore the latest real-time control techniques for applications like digital motor control, lighting and power conversion. The new C2000 LaunchPad (LAUNCHXL-F28027) is available for order now. It is priced at $17.
The TI C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad is an inexpensive evaluation platform for real-time control programming on the C2000 Piccolo microcontrollers. The LaunchPad is based on the Piccolo TMS320F28027. It includes board hardware features like an integrated isolated XDS100 JTAG emulator for easy programming and debugging, 40 PCB pins for easy access to the pins of the F28027 processor, reset button and programmable button.
In addition to providing the required hardware for development, the C2000 LaunchPad gives designers access to example code, libraries, drivers, and other resources through controlSUITE, which is available for free. Along with controlSUITE, users can also download an unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) version 5.
There are twelve BoosterPack expansion boards available for the new C2000 LaunchPad. The BoosterPacks enable greater functionality and speed design and exploration. One of these BoosterPacks is the new LED BoosterPack ($30), which is ideal for LED lighting applications requiring multi-string lighting or color-mixing functions.
Texas Instruments C2000 LaunchPad Features
- Piccolo 32-bit TMS320F28027 microcontroller
- On-board XDS100 JTAG Emulator
- Enables real-time in-system programming and debugging via USB
- Easy access to all control peripherals through header pins that interface with external components or custom daughter boards
- Connect to TI BoosterPack expansion boards to enable various applications, such as LED lighting, capacitive touch
- Includes a limited version of TI’s Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) v5
- Free download of controlSUITE software with examples, libraries, application software
- CPU reset button and programmable push button
- Enables development on any Piccolo F2802x device
More info: Texas Instruments C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad Experimenter Kit (pdf)