Synopsys DesignWare IP Available for SMIC 40-nanometer Low-Leakage Process
Synopsys DesignWare IP is now available on the SMIC 40-nanometer low-leakage (40LL) process. The DesignWare IP for the SMIC 40LL process includes USB 2.0 picoPHY, HDMI 1.4 TX PHY, DDR multiPHY, MIPI D-PHY, PCI Express 2.0/1.1 PHY, SATA 1.5Gb/s/3Gb/s PHY, SATA 6Gb/s PHY, and select audio codecs and data converter IP. DesignWare USB 3.0 PHY, HSIC PHY, data converters and AFE for LTE and Wi-Fi, and Embedded Memory and Logic Library IP are available for early adopters. Availability for the DesignWare HDMI RX PHY and DDR3/2 PHY IP is planned for Q4 2012.
The SMIC 40LL process technology features advanced immersion lithography, strain engineering, ultra shallow junction and ultra low-k dielectric. The 40nm process provides the optimized power and performance required of mobile multimedia and consumer devices. Synopsys’ IP on SMIC’s advanced low-power process enables designers to incorporate more functionality into their advanced system-on-chip (SoC) designs with less risk and faster time to market.
Synopsys DesignWare IP available now or scheduled to be available later this year on the SMIC 40LL process includes:
- Interface IP for widely used protocols such as USB 2.0/3.0, PCI Express 2.0/1.1, MIPI, SATA, DDR, and HDMI that reduces interoperability risk
- Audio codec and data converter IP, optimized for a wide range of high-performance, low-power applications
- Embedded memories and logic libraries that enable designers to achieve both high speed and low power across the entire SoC
Synopsys DesignWare IP for SMIC 40LL Process Highlights
- 15 Synopsys DesignWare IP products available on SMIC’s 40LL process technology enable designers to incorporate functionality more easily into advanced low-power SoCs
- Proven interface PHY IP, including PCI Express, USB and DDR, helps SoC designers ensure interoperability with the latest standards
- High-quality analog IP, including audio codecs and data converters, helps designers meet low-power, application-specific SoC requirements
- Embedded memories and logic libraries for the SMIC 40LL process enable design teams to optimize entire SoC designs for both speed and energy efficiency
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.