Avnet Launched i.MX53 Quick Start Break-Out with 7″ LCD and PCAP Touch Kit
Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas announced the i.MX53 Quick Start Break-Out with 7-inch LCD and PCAP (Projected Capacitive) Touch Kit. The Avnet-designed kit offers embedded system developers an alternative to existing Freescale i.MX53 Quick Start Board expansion options. The projected capacitive touch overlay provides enhanced touch ruggedness. It is ideal for outdoor or industrial environments. The i.MX53 Quick Start Break-out with 7-inch LCD and PCAP Touch Kit is available now for $499.
The i.MX53 Quick Start Break-Out with 7-inch LCD and PCAP Touch Kit is not the everyday capacitive touch solution. The Avnet kit is well suited for end-applications in harsh or outdoor environments. It features the Avnet 7-inch PCAP touch overlay and will work in rain, humidity, condensation and ice, as well as temperatures ranging from -40°C to 85°C. Its discerning touch technology can identify the difference between a finger and a water droplet and yet, works with gloved hands. The auto-tuning capability of the touch controller allows the glass to be configured up to 6MM without changing firmware.
i.MX53 Quick Start Break-Out with 7-inch LCD and PCAP Touch Kit Features
- Demonstrates a complete embedded display system
- Output to integrated 7″ WVGA display
- Provides benefits of Avnet PCAP touch solution
- Ability to connect range of image sensors
- The touch overlay capabilities
- Up to 6mm glass panel thickness
- Gloved operation
- Suitable for high humidity environments
i.MX53 Quick Start Break-Out with 7-inch LCD and PCAP Touch Kit Contents
- Freescale i.MX53 Quick Start Break-out Board
- Sharp LQ070Y3DG3A 7″ WVGA LED backlight TFT panel
- Avnet 7-inch Projected Capacitive touch overlay solution utilizing the Cypress CY8CTMG120 TrueTouch controller
- Getting Started Guide
- SD Card with Android demo plus USB card reader
- Samtec 4-inch i.MX53 expansion cable
- Reference design materials
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.