Texas Instruments launched their new WEBENCH System Power Architect, which is an online tool for speeding the design of multi-output, high-performance DC/DC power supply systems. The tool gives engineers a robust design capability to build and optimize a complete power system from the edge of the card to the smallest point-of-load in just about 60 seconds. WEBENCH System Power Architect includes a variety of hot swap controllers and isolated power products.
WEBENCH System Power Architect enables designers to build and optimize a complete power system from the edge of the card to the smallest point-of-load. In addition to the design and simulation of individual point-of-load converters, the online tool includes the ability to accommodate multiple intermediate bus architectures and safety isolation in conjunction with TI’s hot-swap controllers and isolated power products.
TI WEBENCH System Power Architect Features
- Includes a variety of hot swap controllers from TI, such as the LM5069 with power limiting
- Includes isolated power products, such as the 10-W PTMA402050
- Offers all of the capabilities of the existing WEBENCH FPGA and Processor Power Architects
- Supports 268 processors and 190 FPGAs from seven suppliers
- Supports a variety of power supply topologies, including buck, boost, buck-boost, SEPIC, inverting, flyback and LDO
- Runs Spice simulations to characterize designs
- Drives multiple loads
- Customizes output voltages and load currents
- Adds and configures custom loads to the system
- Selects different power tree architectures
- Optimizes results for efficiency, footprint, cost
- Generates complete system BOM and schematics