Texas Instruments introduced an Android software development kit for Sitara microprocessors. The TI SDK adds Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for embedded applications running TI’s Sitara AM335x and AM37x ARM-Cortex-A8 processors. The Android 4.0 SDK for TI’s Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 processors is available for free download today, with no development or production restrictions.
The TI Android 4.0 SDK features pre-integrated connectivity and 3D graphics capabilities. The software development kit provides a stable software foundation that can be utilized on a wide range of Sitara processor products. The Android SDK is fully tested for functionality using the Android compatibility test suite on the AM335x evaluation module (EVM), Beagleboard-xM, BeagleBone, AM37x EVM and Flash Board platforms.
The Android 4.0 SDK for TI’s Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 processors is ideal for developers of low-cost, low-power applications, including wearable gadgets such as watches, goggles, display panels for home appliances and automation, education and enterprise tablets that are non-video centric, point-of-sale terminals, portable navigation devices and industrial control applications.
Texas Instruments Android Development Kit Content
- Linux kernel
- Boot loaders (uboot/x-loader)
- Android 4.0.3 “Ice Cream Sandwich” operating system (OS)
- 3D graphics using Imagination Technologies’ POWERVR SGX OpenGL driver and libraries
- Example applications including 3-D graphics
- TI’s WiLink 6.0 combo connectivity drivers for Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth v2.1 technologies
- RowboPERF, a performance measurement and benchmarking application
- Host tools for Android debugging with TI’s Code Composer Studio integrated development environment
- Application notes, guides and test results to help developers with their designs
- Adobe Flash 10 libraries for Android
- Debugging options
- Complete documentation