Carbon Design Systems Launches Performance Analysis Kits
Carbon Design Systems is accelerating the analysis, optimization and verification of system-on-chip (SoC) performance with their new Carbon Performance Analysis Kits (CPAK). The CPAK family for ARM Cortex processors includes reference hardware and software designs along with analysis and debug software for the Cortex-A9, Cortex-A15 and Cortex-A7 cores, and the ARM big.LITTLE subsystem. The CPAK Family for ARM Cortex A-Series Processors will be available in bare metal and Linux configurations in this quarter. Android configurations will be available in the second half of this year.
The Carbon Performance Analysis Kits enable architects and engineers to start analyzing performance and power within hours of installation, and months before tapeout. This reduces overall time-to-market pressures and minimizes the risk of a complete re-design. They can be customized using models from Carbon’s IP Exchange model portal, SystemC or Carbon Model Studio.
The CPAK is pre-configured with bare-metal initialization software, Linux or Android OS for analyzing, optimizing and verifying performance and power. In addition, the Carbon kits are pre-configured with the multicore task migration software layer between the big.LITTLE processing cluster, which includes ARM Cortex-A15 MPCore and Cortex-A7 MPCore processors, and the client OS.
- Pre-built virtual prototypes for the ARM Cortex-A15, Cortex-A9, Cortex-A7 and the ARM big.LITTLE subsystem
- 100% accurate models for critical performance elements including processors, fabric and memory controllers
- ARM Fast Model representations to enable application software development at millions of instructions per second
- Swap ‘n Play to enable the ARM Fast Model representation to switch to 100% accuracy at any software breakpoint
- Bare-metal software package to initialize components and enable easy customization and benchmarking
- Linux and/or Android OS packages including source code
More info: Carbon Performance Analysis Kits
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.