Texas Instruments announced the Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack, which is based on the C5000 ultra-low-power digital signal processor (DSP). The C5000 ultra-low-power DSP-based Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack is a plug-in board for the MSP430 LaunchPad development kit. The TI Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack is available now for a one-time promotional price of $30 USD for the next 30 days (normally priced at $34.99).
The Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack is the first solution from TI where a DSP is solely controlled by a microcontroller that enables designers to add audio and other real-time features to systems without DSP programming experience. The BoosterPack is ideal for low-power applications that use record and playback audio functions such as MP3 players, home automation and industrial applications.
The Texas Instruments Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack features a C553x ultra-low-power DSP and an MSP430 Value Line device. It helps developers to add DSP functionality to their microcontroller applications while ensuring low power consumption. Developers can easily control the DSP through simple commands using the UART by leveraging the pre-programmed DSP functions.
TI Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack Features
- C553x ultra-low-power DSP, the industry’s lowest total power DSPs with total active core power < 0.15 mW/MHz at 1.05V, enables crystal clear audio/voice MP3 encode and decode
- MSP430G2452 microcontroller offers standby power of 0.5µA and <1µs wake-up time for a wide range of low-power applications
- MSP430 microcontroller capacitive touch interface allows users to control volume, select song titles and record and playback audio files
- Integrated LED display, high-speed USB 2.0 and SD/MMC interfaces offer an enhanced user experience
- Free capacitive touch library enables capacitive touch buttons, sliders, wheels and proximity sensors on all MSP430 microcontrollers, eliminating the need for developers to create complex touch-sensing algorithms
- Supported by a complete OLED user interface and MP3 record/playback software library, easing development
More info: Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI)