Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas and Freescale Semiconductor are offering a series of webinars. The online seminars will discuss how to make the most of quad core and dual core technologies for next-generation designs. The webcasts are designed for both system architects, and hardware and software engineers. The webinars will demonstrate the best ways to extract the performance potential available from a multicore system, which will enable engineers to design systems that can achieve impressive performance, at a manageable power envelope.
The first webcast will take place next Thursday on January 26, 2012 at 1:00 pm EST (11:00 am MST, 10:00 am PST). The title of the first webinar is Why and When Multicore.
Why and When Multicore Webcast Topics
- The trends influencing multicore addition in embedded and other applications
- Consideration and expectations surrounding performance-to-Watt improvements
- Design complexity addressing memory, partitioning and virtualization
- Software and hardware considerations
- How best to navigate memory usage, peripherals and debugging for a successful implementation
The webinar will be presented by Marlan Winter and John Weber. Winter is a software and tools product manager at Freescale Semiconductor. Weber is a processor technology specialist at Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas.
Register: Avnet Electronics Marketing