Magma Design Automation rolled out a new version of their Titan Analog/Mixed-Signal (Titan AMS) Design Platform. Titan AMS Design Platform version 2011.11 features updated AMS reference flows, more efficient legacy data format support, parallel optimization, improved process modeling, new advanced FlexCells, and support of higher frequency transistor characteristics for RF design. Version 2011.11 of Titan AMS Design Platform is available now.
The Titan AMS Design Platform features Magma’s proprietary FlexCell-based circuit optimization, analog virtual prototyping, floorplanning and placement and constraint-driven shape-based routing. Titan also provides a comprehensive AMS design environment that includes the Schematic Editor (SE), Analog Simulation Environment (ASE) with FineSim, Schematic-Driven Layout (SDL), Layout Editor (LE) and Physical Validation (PV).
Magma Titan delivers a FlexCell-to-GDSII analog/mixed-signal (AMS) flow that organically integrates both electrical design and physical design into one unified design methodology. In addition, tight integration through a unified database and enhanced algorithms Titan accelerates AMS design and reuse.
Titan AMS Design Platform v2011.11 Enhancements
- Updates to foundry partner AMS reference flows
- More efficient legacy data format support through native OpenAccess (OA) support
- Magma’s FineSim SPICE circuit simulation embedded for faster and more efficient process modeling
- Addition of several new advanced FlexCells that serve as process-independent analog building blocks
- Supports higher frequency transistor characteristics for RF design
- Increased capacity to simultaneously handle hundreds of multi-corner scenarios
- Parallel optimization through distributed implementation for faster runtime and better quality of results (QoR)
- Tight integration with Magma’s digital implementation tool Talus for more efficient top-level routing and chip finishing
More info: Magma Design Automation