Texas Instruments introduced three digital power development kits for the TMS320C2000 microcontroller. The TI kits enable and simplify complex power supply functions for bridgeless design and Peak Current Mode Control (PCMC) with Slope Compensation. The three new kits are: (1) High Efficiency Bridgeless PFC AC/DC Developer’s Kit ($450), (2) Phase Shifted Isolated Full Bridge DC/DC Developer’s Kit ($550), and (3) Resonant LLC Isolated Half Bridge DC/DC Developer’s Kit ($400). The Piccolo-based development kits are now available for order.
The kits are based on a C2000 Piccolo MCU with integrated analog, PWMs and other control-oriented peripherals to reduce system cost. Software configurable tuning offers more flexibility to adjust power stages to support multiple end-product requirements (compared to time-intensive redesign of system hardware). The kits include all of the hardware and software required to be up and running in 10 minutes or less. In addition, the onboard isolated XDS100 USB JTAG emulation simplifies debugging and programming.
High Efficiency Bridgeless PFC AC/DC Developer’s Kit
- Robust hardware and software enables designers to increase overall system efficiency with higher power factor and lower total harmonic distortion through flexible, digital control of an AC Rectifier stage
- Configurable for Adaptive Current Control and Non-Linear Voltage Control loop modes, as well as output over-voltage protection and inrush current limiting
- Auto-ranging AC input supports voltages from 100VAC to 220VAC and outputs 380 to 400VDC up to 300 Watts
Phase Shifted Isolated Full Bridge DC/DC Developer’s Kit
- Peak Current Mode Control with on-chip slope compensation allows designers to jump start Isolated DC/DC power supply designs without additional external circuitry
- Peak Efficiencies of up to 95percent, with 90+ percent efficiency from 10 to 90 percent of rated power
- Support for input voltages from 380 to 400VDC with a regulated 12VDC output capable of supporting up to 600 Watts
Resonant LLC Isolated Half Bridge DC/DC Developer’s Kit
- Complete hardware and software allows designers to quickly evaluate a digitally controlled isolated DC/DC power supply
- Input range supporting 380-400VDC with a regulated output of 12VDC, supporting up to 300 Watts at a peak efficiency of 93.7%
More info: TI C2000 Digital Power Kits