Wind River rolled out updated versions of their platform for Android and framework for Automated Software Testing (FAST) for Android. Wind River Platform for Android and Wind River FAST for Android help developers deliver feature-rich Android devices to market quickly and reliably. Wind River Platform for Android features upgrade paths to future Android releases, including Google Gingerbread and Honeycomb to support a wider range of devices such as tablets. Wind River Platform for Android and Wind River FAST for Android are available now.
Wind River Platform for Android
Wind River Platform for Android is a commercial software platform based on the Android software development kit.
- DLNA Digital Media Server (DMS) functionality, which enables an Android device to act as a DMS and share its media files with other networked DLNA Certified devices
- Multi-windowing experience like concurrent active application windows, windows movement, resizing and theme support
- Supports USB On-the-Go, which is a USB specification for mobile applications that adds host functionality for connection to USB peripherals
- Ethernet support
- Silicon support for NVIDIA Tegra 250 (in addition to existing support for Intel, Qualcomm QSD/MSM and TI OMAP architectures)
Wind River Framework for Automated Software Testing for Android
Wind River FAST for Android is an automated software testing solution for Android-based devices. The tool helps device manufacturers and operators rapidly test and validate software and prove compliance with the Android Compatibility Test Suite.
- Supports 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04
- Improved error reporting mechanisms
- Console logging and crash detection for the monitoring of errors or crashes
- Log filtering for easier searches and detailed test script reports
- Predefined tagging schema for easier test filtering
- Increased test assets including new GPS and location manager tests, localization tests and additional stress tests
- Support for testing multiple devices over USB and also TCP/IP
- Includes enhancements to the testing framework and expanded test coverage areas