Texas Instruments (TI) announced the C6EZFlo graphical software development tool. C6Flo can be used in conjunction with TI’s Code Composer Studio IDE or other DSP-based development tools. The C6Flo EZ tool enables developers to generate prototype software on TI DSPs without learning new programming languages or specific DSP architecture. The applications can be used as-is or as prototypes to accelerate conventional C-language development. The C6EZFlo graphical software development tool is available for download free.
The C6EZFlo’s graphical interface enables developers to utilize drag-and-drop functionality to create a signal flow block diagram. The blocks in the diagram represent anything from a peripheral input/output data transaction to a specialized DSP filter kernel. The tool generates heavily commented and cleanly structured C code based on the block diagram, which the developer can use in its raw form or modify to adjust the design. Developers can leverage C6EZFlo with TI’s C6000 DSP devices, such as C674x DSPs, as well as DSP-based DaVinci video processors, including DM643x and DM648, which enables quick and easy prototyping for various end applications, including industrial imaging, industrial monitoring, test and measurement, music effects and medical imaging applications.
TI C6Flo EZ Highlights
- Drag-and-drop functionality — enables developers to connect blocks with peripherals on the DSP and optimize processing
- Generates clean code that is easy to understand, modify and expand during future application development
- Produces system signal flow block diagram that can be reused when migrating to other TI DSPs
- Allows simple, rapid prototyping without expertise in DSP code, architecture or drivers
- Speeds time to market by reducing prototyping, debugging and optimization time
- Enables scalability across TI DSP products, offering developers cost and time to market savings with software reuse
More information: Texas Instruments C6Flo EZ Graphical Development Tool