ZMD introduced the ZIOL2401 Starter Kit and Lab Kit. The evaluation tools enables engineers to quickly and easily develop IO-Link master applications and device applications. The evaluations and development tools are built around the ZMD’s ZIOL2401 IO-Link high-voltage driver which supports IO-Link master ports, IO-Link device ports, and standard I/O applications. The ZIOL2401 evaluation tools help designers to reduce the time to production by enabling them to develop and test both the master (controller) and the sensor end of the link. The ZIOL2401 Starter Kit is priced at 49.00 € (69.00 USD), and the Lab Kit at 99.00 € (139.00 USD). The evaluation tools are available now.
ZMD ZIOL2401 Evaluation Tools Features and Benefits
- Powering of ZIOL2401 Starter Kit via USB and/or external lab power supply
- Supply of applications with a maximum load of 50mA1 via USB
- Full access to configuration and status register of the ZIOL2401
- Learn more about the features of ZMDI`s ZIOL2401
- Check the driver capabilities and the possibility to drive difficult loads
- Evaluate the ZIOL2401 in an own application easily
- Get access to the configuration registers and EEPROM included in the ZIOL2401 device
- Check possible configuration sets and save the configuration in XML for later use
- Setup and test a point to point connection using two ZIOL2401 Starter Kit devices
The ZIOL2401 Starter Kit consists of the ZIOL2401 USB stick, a board with a microcontroller, ZIOL2401 IC and USB interface. It also includes an extension board consisting of a control cable connector, protection circuit and a simple test interface. The Starter Kit allows designers to implement serial interfaces and control basic I/O and switching functions.
The ZIOL2401 Lab Kit consists of three separate boards: a microcontroller board, a cable-board and the ZIOL2401 prototyping board. The partitioned design gives engineers the ability to develop complex applications with greater ease, because the prototyping board can be transferred into their existing system design.
More information: Zentrum Mikroelektronik Dresden (ZMDI)