vfAnalyst, from Vector Fabrics, is a cloud-based tool for parallelizing sequential C code in embedded systems. vfAnalyst enables software engineers to identify the most promising parallelization opportunities so that they can create an effective multicore implementation much more quickly. vfAnalyst is hosted on the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and accessed through a standard web browser. The tool is paid for on a pay-as-you-go basis. vfAnalyst is available now.
Vector Fabrics vfAnalyst Cloud-based Tool Overview
- Generates a step-by-step guide on the best ways to parallelize C program
- Reduces wastes time on areas that can’t be parallelized
- Intuitive display helps reach conclusions
- Cross-probe from the display into source code
- Focus immediately on your performance bottlenecks
- Maximizes test coverage
- Customizes and creates reports in PDF, ODF, and Word formats
- Subscription reduces up-front costs and risks
Through vfAnalyst’s browser-based interface, the exploration of parallelization options can be simplified to three steps:
- Identifying portions of the code that would benefit from parallelism
- Show the best candidates for partitioning
- Selecting the ones that have the lowest cost
The analysis is done irrespective of target platform, allowing analysis of code destined for servers or embedded systems.
More info: Vector Fabrics