Texas Instruments (TI) introduced the TMS320C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit for integrating of fingerprint biometric features into embedded systems. The C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit features a core board based on TI’s C5515 digital signal processor (DSP), two widely-used sensor types (swipe and optical), and optimized application software to ease product creation and implementation. The kit can reduce the product design cycle by 9 to 12 months. The TI TMS320C5515 fingerprint is priced at $79 USD.
The C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit provides fast and accurate fingerprint matching by leveraging a C5515 16-bit fixed point DSP to perform critical functions in the fingerprint algorithm such as filtering, sorting and transforming. The TMS320C5515 development kit can be used to create a variety of portable applications, including physical access control products (electronic door locks and safe boxes), USB smart keys and storage device, PC user identification, and time and attendance monitoring systems.
TMS320C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit
- A core board with TI’s new low power C5515 DSP
- An extension board with power supply circuitry, LED and sound indicators, push buttons, and USB 2.0 and RS232 ports
- Two widely-used fingerprint sensor types: optical sensor (Tooan OP-100R) and swipe sensor (Authentec ATW310)
- A production quality demo and its .out file
- Simplified fingerprint application source code and API documentation
- Technical documentations, including user guide, application notes, set up instructions, schematics, BOM, gerber
- A mini B USB cable for power supply
- Mini converter board for JTAG emulation
- Code Composer Studio IDE Rev. 3.3
More info: Texas Instruments