Analog Devices announced a video primitives library for use in real time video analytics applications. The free software modules are optimized for the Blackfin processor family and include image processing task level primitives to enable faster development cycles for video analytics applications. The software modules are available in object code or a C source wrapper. They provide advanced video design functionality such as video filtering, transforms, color operations and utilities suitable for a wide range of applications, including video surveillance, automotive vision systems and industrial vision.
Blackfin Video Analytics Toolbox Library Features
- Tools: Supports detection of foreground objects
- Output Status: Detected Objects
- ROI: Region of Interest specified to enable detection only in regions of specific interest
- Configurable: Three versions of the algorithm for scalability and algorithms are configurable by user
- Decimation: Input can be scaled by half both horizontally and vertically for reduced resolution support
- Primitives : VAT Primitives’ API library
The Video Analytics Toolbox Library for the Analog Devices Blackfin processor family is an implementation of imaging tools which can be utilized in the creation of applications such as intrusion detection and left/removed object detection deployed within video surveillance equipment. The library also supports foreground objects/blob detection in video captured from a stationary camera. The C-callable application programming interfaces (APIs) in the library are flexible and can be used in numerous video surveillance use cases.
Blackfin Image Processing Toolbox Features
- OpenCV like APIs: Most modules are bit exact with OpenCV.Native ADI APIs also supported
- Image size: Configurable
- Functionalities: Include color conversion, convolution, correlation, sobel filtering, image morphology, kalman filtering, image pyramids, image filters, matrix/vector operations, integral image, hough transform and some image statistical tools
- Re-entrancy: Supported
The Blackfin Image Processing Toolbox modules are bit exact with native ADI APIs and provide C reference codes and wrapper codes for OpenCV-like APIs. Demo code for demonstration of primitive implementations on Blackfin include color conversion, convolution, correlation, sobel filtering, image morphology, kalman filtering, image pyramids, image filters, matrix/vector operations, integral image, and Hough transform.
More info: Analog Devices