ARM introduced the Keil Development Studio 5 (DS-5) Application Edition. Keil Development Studio 5 is a software development tool suite that simplifies the development of Linux and Android native applications for ARM processor-based systems. It reduces the learning curve and shortening the development and testing cycle. The Keil DS-5 Application Edition is available for download now and can be used for free until September 30, 2010.
Keil Development Studio 5 Features
- Eclipse-based project manager
- Support for multiple workspaces and projects
- C/C++ and assembler code editing functions
- Fully featured Linux application debugger
- Detailed graphical views and processor control mechanisms
- Fast model of an ARM Cortex-A8 processor-based SoC
- Preconfigured to support development boards including the OMAP35x processor-based BeagleBoard and TI OMAP35x evaluation module
- Automates downloading applications and libraries to the target’s file system
- Includes two Linux example projects (Gnometris application and Libgames-support shared library)
DS-5 Application Edition is the first of three planned DS-5 editions and supports Linux and Android native application development with a GNU compiler optimized for ARM Linux and an Ethernet or serial connection to the target. Future editions will include kernel and driver debug and trace, and the highly optimizing ARM Compiler.
More info: Keil DS-5 Application Edition Development Tools for ARM Linux (pdf)