Texas Instruments (TI) introduced controlSUITE software for their TMS320C2000 microcontrollers (MCUs) that enable real-time control applications. controlSUITE software simplifies evaluation, application adaptation, debug, test, and reuse. C2000 controlSUITE software includes libraries and examples that are full, open source projects, serving as true development systems for applications such as motor control. In addition, a new installer eliminates frustrations related to versioning and dependencies and gives developers access to the complete software offering in a centralized location.
TI C2000 controlSUITE Software Highlights
- Software content takes user through each design stage:
- Evaluation: Fundamental building blocks inside an intuitive system framework simplify device start-up, configuration, tasking, and peripheral configuration, all within the Code Composer Studio integrated development environment that works across multiple TI embedded processor platforms
- Application development: Modular application level libraries and unique tools were built into real-world systems and are supported with open source
- Proliferation: Developers can reuse content across product lines and projects, fully leveraging the scalable C2000 MCU platform to meet varying price, performance and peripheral requirements
hardware examples to allow developers to easily port content to varying applications with dramatically greater success
- Device drivers, APIs, utilities, as well as math, signal processing and application libraries allow developers to focus on differentiation
- Single controlSUITE portal allows developers to easily manage available software, collateral and support
- New installer allows developers to select only the software components they require and gives the option for update notifications or automatic updates to eliminate version compatibility issues
- Incremental build approach to motor control example systems allows developers to verify each section of their application one step at a time to greatly simplify debug
Texas Instruments’ High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit is the first to be based on controlSUITE software. The kit offers developers an open source hardware and software platform to develop advanced motor control systems with digital power factor correction (PFC) using TI’s C2000 Piccolo MCUs. Leveraging TI’s Piccolo F28035 controlCARD, the PFC stage on the kit provides up to 750 W of power to the motor driver stage, which can output 1.5 KW of power. The controlSUITE software included with the kit provides step-by-step documentation for closed loop PFC software and detailed examples and labs on controlling brushless DC (trapezoidal and sinusoidal drive), AC Induction or permanent magnet synchronous motors (Field Oriented Control) in both sensored and sensorless configurations.
C2000 controlSUITE software is free and can be immediately accessed. Initially, application libraries focus on motor control, but additional applications, such as digital power, power line modem, and LED lighting will be added throughout the year. The High Voltage Digital Motor Control & PFC Reference Design Kit (TMDSHVMTRPFCKIT) is priced at $599 immediately available for order.
More info: Texas Instruments