CriticalBlue has joined the MontaVista Software’s partner program and will make their Prism product available on MontaVista Linux 6 and Montavista Linux Carrier Grade Edition products. According to MontaVista Software, by combining CriticalBlue’s Prism solution, MontaVista Linux, and MontaVista DevRocket, engineers will benefit from the most advanced multicore integrated development environment available for embedded Linux. Prism is available today for ARM and MIPS cores with several other leading multicore processor architectures coming in Q1 2010.
MontaVista-CriticalBlue Partnership Highlights
- Partnership will help speed development of multicore software applications and hence accelerate the time to market of end products based on multicore platforms
- Integration with Prism allows MontaVista customers to analyze their existing single threaded application code for use in multicore platform
- Prism technology is an Eclipse plug-in and is based on dynamic tracing of the users’ software execution
- MontaVista DevRocket is an Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE)
- Developers can work in a familiar Eclipse environment using both MontaVista and CriticalBlue development tools
- Prism is available today for ARM and MIPS cores with several other leading multicore processor architectures coming in Q1 2010
Prism is an embedded multicore programming system that enables software engineers to easily asses and realize the full potential of multicore processors without significant change to development flow. Prism analyzes the behavior of code running on either hardware development boards or simulators. It allows engineers to take their existing sequential code, and without making any changes, explore and analyze opportunities for concurrency. Having identified the optimal parallelization strategy in this way, the developer will implement parallel structures, and use Prism again to verify efficient and thread-safe operations.
MontaVista Linux is the first commercial Linux provider to be supported by Prism. The Prism Eclipse plug-in will be integrated into the MontaVista DevRocket integrated development environment (IDE), providing the most advanced embedded Linux development environment for multicore software on the market. MontaVista customers will now be able to quickly analyze the potential benefit of new, high-performance, multicore software platforms for their existing application code and develop new code and quickly tune it for operation on multicore processors, all within a single MontaVista DevRocket environment, and all in the familiar Eclipse framework.