Agilent Technologies rolled out version 4.4 of the GoldenGate software for RFIC simulation, verification and analysis. GoldenGate Release 4.4 features enhanced performance, new key stability and yield analyses, and RF extensions to mixed-signal simulation. GoldenGate version 4.4 improves RFIC design in advanced CMOS technology nodes. The Agilent GoldenGate version 4.4 is available December 2009 and has a starting price of under $25,000.
Agilent GoldenGate v4.4 Highlights
- Performance enhancements for advanced node RFIC designs, including a 2x improvement in speed for periodic steady state (harmonic balance) analysis, a new single-sideband noise option, and fast envelope support for wireless virtual test benches
- Periodic steady-state based stability analysis that finds instabilities under large signal conditions for oscillators and driven RF circuits, even with large extracted views
- A fast yield contributor analysis that quickly determines circuit yield contributors at any stage of the RFIC design flow — something not possible with traditional Monte Carlo methods — allowing designers to gain insight, improve yield and save time by optimizing only what really matters
- Comprehensive wireless test bench flow that links system and RF simulation for verification of RFICs
- Analog mixed-signal co-simulation with GoldenGate to accelerate RF-mixed-signal simulations with support for envelope transient analysis with Verilog-AMS
- RF and package co-design that verifies RFICs with package- and board-level RF passives using more than 150 new components in the Agilent Advanced Design System passive RF component library for GoldenGate
- Cost effective parallel licensing option for parallel sweep simulation tasks
GoldenGate is a simulation, verification, and analysis solution for integrated RF circuit design within the Cadence Virtuoso design flow. Its simulation algorithms are optimized for the challenging demands of complex RF circuit design, enabling full characterization of complete transceivers prior to tape-out. GoldenGate is part of Agilent’s RFIC simulation, analysis and verification solution that also includes Momentum for 3-D planar electromagnetic simulation, Ptolemy Wireless Test Benches for system level verification, and the Advanced Design System (ADS) Data Display for advanced data analysis. This suite links the RF system, subsystem, and component-level design and analysis as part of a unique and comprehensive RFIC design flow. GoldenGate is fully compatible with Cadence IC5 and IC6 platforms.
More info: Agilent Technologies