Mercury Computer Systems introduced their OpenVPX Reference Design Kits. The OpenVPX Reference Design Kits provide an engineering blueprint for developing OpenVPX-compliant 6U and 3U payload and switch modules. The OpenVPX V1.0 System Specification is the first system VPX specification dedicated to interoperability of multi-vendor system and sub-system building blocks. The kits leverage industry-standard CAD tools for both electrical and mechanical models, which can be imported directly into your development environment.
Mercury Computer Systems OpenVPX Reference Design Kits
- Decrease time to market and reduce design risk with OpenVPX compliant systems
- Accelerate board and subsystem development through stable, robust references
- Defines efficient migration of OpenVPX-based solutions from lab to deployed environment
- Created by the founding company of the OpenVPX Industry Working Group
- Air- and conduction-cooled versions available
The OpenVPX Reference Design Kits include CAD models, mechanical assembly information, thermal information, bills of material, and expert support from Mercury’s Services and Systems Integration team. With a stable and robust reference for both air- and conduction-cooled 3U and 6U OpenVPX-based board design, board development time is expected to be reduced by approximately three to five months. The likelihood of downstream respin cycles is minimized or eliminated.
The OpenVPX Reference Design Kits are licensed intellectual property, with several available options that vary according to duration of product updates and support services.
More info: Mercury Computer Systems