Data Translation introduced the DT8837 high performance Ethernet (LXI) data acquisition instrument module for sound and vibration measurement applications. The DT8837 samples up to four 24-bit IEPE accelerometer input channels independently at up to 52.7kHz per channel or 210kHz total throughput. In addition, the DT8837 offers a 24-bit stimulus output, and a 31-bit synchronized tachometer channel for data streams that are matched in time for field or laboratory use. The DT8837 is priced at $3995 and ships 6-8 weeks ARO.
Data Translation DT8837 Features
- Simultaneous sampling of inputs at throughput rates up to 52.7kHz per channel or 210kHz total throughput across 4 IEPE channels
- High 24-bit resolution analog input subsystem with direct IEPE signal conditioning
- Optional AC/DC signal sampling ranges of +/-10V with gains of 1 and 10
- Ethernet (LXI Class C compliant) connection with Wired Trigger Bus for synchronized expansion up to 64 IEPE channels
- Complete ISO-Channel signal integrity with 1000V galvanic isolation channel to channel
- Full Tachometer control for rotating machinery applications
- Shielded, rugged enclosure for noise immunity, 1U, ½ rack small profile
- Includes comprehensive software CD for making measurements quickly and easily
The TCP/IP Ethernet operation mode of the DT8837 allows measurements to be monitored locally or at other remote locations. Up to 16 instrument modules may be stacked for parallel operation of 64 separate IEPE accelerometer or voltage inputs. Each of these separate synchronized modules can also be triggered externally in a variety of ways.
ISO-Channel technology utilizes galvanic isolation methods to guarantee 1000V isolation between any input channel to any other input channel and ±500V to earth ground. ISO-Channel vastly increases reliability by implementing unique isolation mechanisms for each 24-bit A/D converter per channel for each of the four input channels and on the 24-bit stimulus D/A output channel, all operating in parallel. The benefit to the user is total isolation of all input/outputs from each other and from digital ground.
More info: Data Translation DT8837 Rack Instrument Module (pdf)