Coverity 5 is the industry’s first software integrity offer that automatically scans, prioritizes, and maps the impact of defects introduced by software changes. Coverity 5 is specifically designed to help development organizations mitigate the business risk of software changes across their entire product portfolio. Coverity 5 will be generally available by the end of the first quarter of 2010. Pricing and packaging will not change.
Coverity 5 Highlights
- The new defect impact mapping capability is the first to enable developers to automatically map and identify how a single defect impacts multiple code bases, projects and products across the portfolio. Prior to Coverity, mapping impact of defects was a highly manual, inaccurate and time-consuming process.
- The new unified defect management interface is the first to enable developers and management to review, prioritize and triage their C/C++, Java and C# defects in a single workflow, providing a single version of the truth for the state of integrity across the entire product portfolio.
- Defect impact mapping is a turnkey way for developers to know all other code bases, teams, projects and products that are affected by a single defect, providing them with powerful business context for prioritization and remediation.
- Unified defect impact management console is a rich web-based interface that allows developers to manage their C/C++, C# and Java defects in a single interface.
- Rich defect knowledge base gives developers detailed information on every defect discovered by Coverity, including plain language defect explanations and an assessment of the potential impact of the defect from both Coverity’s proprietary defect index and the industry standard Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE).
- Automatic severity filtering easily guides developers to high impact defects, cutting the guesswork out of triage prioritization.
- New state of the art code browser provides advanced defect drill-down capabilities, easy to use defect markers, shared views and in-line expansion into inter-procedural defect details.
- Advanced defect reporting provides developers and managers an easy way to track defects fixed, defect trends, the overall state of integrity across the entire product line and evidence for defect remediation for compliance reporting.
- Robust scalability enhancements enable more concurrent users and simultaneous analysis commits, all powered by an industrial strength relational database.
- Coverity Static Analysis and Coverity Dynamic Analysis now share a powerful interface to enable customers to manage all of their defects in the same workflow.
- Coverity Architecture Analysis now has new call graph and class hierarchy visualization that makes it easier for developers to see the internal structure of their program for program understanding and maintenance.
- Coverity Build Analysis now has new build reports that show build processes and file inputs and outputs so build engineers know if any unauthorized files are being accessed or whether processes are being run that could compromise the security or behavior of the end product.
More info: Coverity