ChipWrights announced the latest software release for the IP camera market. The software includes improvements to their DSP libraries and Linux support. It’s now possible to implement a dome fish-eye (360 degree) camera with dewarping and filtering functionality. The software release includes the necessary components to implement cost-effective IP cameras using the CW5631 System-on-Chip, and complements ChipWrights’ initial software release for IPTV media player applications.
Linux 2.6.29 Kernel Improvements
- DSP firmware load support
- Faster SD driver with SDIO support
- SDIO Wi-Fi support through libertas driver
- Booting and rootfs in NAND flash with JFFS2
- Improvements to various device drivers
- Video capture support (V4L2) for various video sources, enabling users to easily port video capture applications to the CW5631 System-on-Chip
Application Support Highlights
- Qt 4.5 support
- DSP acceleration of Qt applications via an SDL driver layer
- Mplayer built with V4L2 support for live playback of captured video
- Standalone FFMPEG (libavcodec) with DSP accelerated encode and decode for supported codecs
- MTD utils for NAND flash support
- Support for WPA/WPA2 Wi-Fi connections
- DSP video processing showcase with PC-based GUI and live video capture using V4L2
- Real-time DSP processing including, de-interlacing, de-warping, filtering, chroma-key, picture-in-picture, and live RTP streaming of MPEG4 encoded video using FFMPEG/Live555
Other key improvements include NAND boot loader bundled with u-boot (u-boot-2009.01), which enables running the root file system from flash and eliminates the need for additional storage media (such as an SD card or a hard drive) to run the whole system. Plus, a sample IP Camera application with a PC-based GUI shows most features.
The CW5631 System-on-Chip is ideal for IP cameras and IPTV set top boxes. It is an embedded single-chip solution designed for multi-purpose applications that require high-speed digital video processing, small size, and low power consumption.
More info: ChipWrights