Cadence Design Systems will host the Mixed-Signal Design Summit on October 27, 2009 from 8:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific time. The event will take place at Cadence Design Systems (2655 Seely Ave., San Jose, Calif. 95134) in Building 10 R&D Auditorium. Engineers and executives from Cadence Design Systems and leading semiconductor firms are meeting in an open forum to discuss the challenges of mixed-signal design methodologies. Attendees are invited to hear a keynote by Paul Emerson of Texas Instruments, listen to fellow designers discuss methodologies they followed to tackle mixed-signal design obstacles, watch live technical product demonstrations, and ask questions in an informal setting. An am:azon Kindle ebook reader will be given away during the design summit.
Mixed-Signal Design Summit Agenda
- 8:45 am: Registration and breakfast
- 9:25 am: Introduction by Steve Carlson, Cadence Design Systems
- 9:30 am: Welcome Address by John Bruggeman, Cadence Design Systems
- 9:45 am: Keynote by Paul Emerson, Texas Instruments
- 10:15 am: Sigma Delta Converter Design Using Behavioral Modeling by Yuval Shay, STMicroelectronics
- 10:45 am: Break
- 11:00 am: Verification of ESD Protection at Signal Domain Crossings by Michael Khazhinsky, Freescale
- 11:30 am: Solution Demonstration — Verifying mixed-signal designs using analog design environment
- 12:30 pm: Lunch with Cadence R&D team
- 1:15 pm: Cadence Mixed-Signal Solution Overview by Mladen Nizic, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- 1:45 pm: AMS Verification for RF Design by Jess Chen, QUALCOMM
- 2:15 pm: Full Chip Spice Simulation Methodology for Zero Defect Silicon by Kumar Abhishek, Freescale
- 2:45 pm: Break
- 3:00 pm: Knowing Your Design is Right by Robert Milkovits, Jazz Semiconductor (a Tower Group Company)
- 3:30 pm: Mixed-Signal Verification by Prashanth Aprameyan, Micron
- 4:00 pm: Solution Demonstration by AMS IP design and SoC integration using Virtuoso-Encounter Mixed-Signal Solution
- 5:00 pm: Q&A Panel Moderated by Richard Goering, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- 5:30 pm: Closing Statements, Raffle Giveaway, Networking Event
More info: Mixed-Signal Design Summit Registration