The SOI Industry Consortium is offering a silicon on insulator (SOI) educational event at ARM TechCon3. The SOI Design Clinic will provide IC designers and engineering management with a technical understanding of significant differences between designing on SOI versus bulk silicon, and how to receive the power-saving, integration, reliability and performance advantages of SOI. Experts from the semiconductor industry will deliver training and share their insights to help attendees evaluate and plan their move to SOI.
SOI Design Clinic Topics
- SOI fundamentals
- Current and emerging bulk CMOS design challenges and how SOI eliminates/mitigates them
- Designing low power circuits on SOI
- High performance microprocessor system design techniques
- PDKs, libraries, IP and EDA tool ecosystem for SOI design
- Standard cell/custom design flows and methodologies
- Projections for the future of SOI design
The design clinic will take place in the Santa Clara Convention Center (California) on October 21, 2009, co-located with ARM TechCon3. Presented in two 3 hour sessions of live classroom instruction, from 9am to 12noon and from 2pm to 5pm, the program will include lunch, admission to the ARM TechCon3 keynote session and a post-clinic reception on the exhibition floor.
More info: SOI Design Clinic Registration