The NFC Forum will hold a one-day Spotlight Session for developers from 9am to 5pm on Friday, September 4, 2009 at the Lasaretti Hotelli-Ravintolaat in Oulu, Finland. The event features NFC experts providing practical knowledge, opportunities to network, and hands-on training for NFC application developers. The Spotlight Session takes place during the NFC Forum all-members week-long meeting. During the event, representatives from the 140 NFC Forum member organizations converge to advance initiatives focused on bringing Near Field Communication-enabled products and services to market. The face-to-face meeting gives NFC Forum committee, working group and task force members the opportunity to meet in more than 40 working sessions.
NFC Forum Spotlight Session for Developers Highlights
- Learn about the market for NFC and sample use cases already deployed in more than 100 projects around the world
- Get an update on the status of NFC Forum technical specifications from the Forum’s Technical Committee Chair and learn how they fit into the overall architecture
- Preview the compliance program under development
- Receive a briefing on the tools and certificates needed for secure element programming
- Learn how to program a secure element applet
- Listen to a panel discussion on best practices from recent implementations
Presenters and panelists include: Peter Preuss of Nokia, NFC Forum Marketing Committee Chair; Jonathan Main of MasterCard, NFC Forum Technical Committee Chair; Matt Ronning of Sony, NFC Forum Compliance Committee Co-Chair; Josef Langer, University of Hagenberg; Heikki Huomo, Center for Internet Excellence, CIE; Holgar Kunkat of SCM Microsystems; Gavin Shenker of Visa; and Hans Reisgies of ViVOtech.
Attendance at the NFC Forum Spotlight Session for Developers is open to all NFC application developers. Costs for the event, including lunch, are as follows: US$70 (€50) for NFC Forum members; US$210 (€150) for non-members; and $70 (€50) for students. A 22% VAT is added to the cost of admission.
More info: NFC Forum Spotlight Session for Developers