International Summer School will hold classes on modelling and optimization in micro- and nano-electronics. The training will take place August 31 – September 12 at the Grand Hotel San Michele, Cetraro (Cosenza, Italy). The deadline to register is June 30, 2009.
- Advanced Modelling Methods for the Design of Electronic Circuits and Devices, 1-5 September 2009
- Numerical methods for coupled systems of PDAEs (6 hours) – Martin Arnold, Martin-Luther-Universität Halle, Germany)
- Theory and analysis of coupled systems of PDAEs (6 hours) – Andreas Bartel, Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Germany
- Miniband electron transport in semiconductors (6 hours) – Luis Bonilla, Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
- Parasitic Extraction and Model Order Reduction for Integrated Circuit Interconnect and Non-Linear Circuits (6 hours) – Luca Daniel, MIT, USA
- Advanced Optimization Methods and Algorithms for the Design of Electronic Circuits and Devices, 6-11 September 2009
- Title (TBA) Andrew R. Conn, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, New York, USA
- Modeling and optimization of leakage power and thermal effects in nanometer digital CMOS circuits (6 hours) – Domenik Helms, OFFIS, Oldenburg, Germany, and Enrico Macii, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Parametric yield calculation and optimization (3 hours) – H. Liu, Cadence Design Systems, Inc. USA
- Critical area yield analysis and Cadence DFY tools (1 hour)- H. Liu, Cadence Design Systems, Inc. USA
- Title TBA (6 hours) – Amith Singhee, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, New York, USA
Registration fee is 250 euro for one week registration: 250 euro and 500 euro for both weeks. The registration fee includes all courses, lecture notes, coffee breaks, bus service from Lamezia Airport and Paola train station to school venue and viceversa, WiFi Internet connection. For the first 40 registered participant (before June 30, upon presentation of CV) the registration fee will also include full board accommodation in residence at Gran Hotel San Michele. Accepted students may submit a poster and/or a seminar to present their recent research activities.
More info: International Summer School