Artisan Software Tools rolled out Artisan Studio: DoD Architect Edition and Artisan Studio: DoD Advanced Architect Edition. The new products address the architectural framework needs of the US DoD, its suppliers, and DoDAF users. Architectural frameworks are important in defense procurement and DoDAF is currently defined as the standard means for describing them in model based design tools. DoDAF modeling tools provide huge benefits for developers of military systems, in terms of consistency, quality, tool interoperability and cost savings.
Artisan DoDAF Features
- DoDAF explorer panes and diagrams with icons, toolbars and menus
- Create derivative views and reports based on existing model data
- Repository-based data dictionary ensuring consistency across views
- Open and Extensible through Profile customization and API Scripts
- Mature third-party integrations with Telelogic DOORS, The MathWorks, Simulink, and CM tools
Artisan Studio: DoD Architect Edition provides all the modeling features design engineers need for applying DoDAF. UML, SysML, Data Modeling, and the DoDAF profile are all packaged in a single, enterprise-scale design architecture modeling tool. Its underlying repository ensures architectural consistency across the full range of DoDAF views, as well as multi-user access for truly distributed communication. The fully configurable, built-in document publisher completes the package, to distribute DoDAF designs both inside and outside an organization.
Artisan Studio: DoD Advanced Architect Edition extends the DoD Architect Edition by also providing design simulation and automated code synchronization. These features make the most of the architectural frameworks to automatically verify designs and reduce the overall development effort.