SYSGO released version 5.0 of ELinOS embedded Linux product. The new version of ELinOS industrial grade Linux features a new version of the Eclipse-based IDE CODEO, new kernel 2.6.27 support, more than 2000 precompiled applications and libraries, and support of Adobe Flash Lite. ELinOS 5.0 is available later this month. The five families of supported processors are the x86, PowerPC, ARM, SH, and MIPS. ELinOS 5.0 is available for Linux and Windows hosted platforms.
ELinOS 5.0 Features
- Integration of Linux kernel 2.6.27 — improved response time / lower latency, improved power management, improved support for dual-core and hyperthreading on x86, support for virtualization, foundation for real-time, much improved wireless networking support, many new drivers, support for user-space drivers (UIO), in-kernel CAN support, kernel debugger (KGDB), new flash file system (UBIFS)
- Version 3.0 of CODEO, the eclipse based development environment that provides guided configuration, remote debugging, target monitoring, remote application deployment, and timing analyses; this new release in particular allows the user to add CODEO plugins on top of a preinstalled Eclipse (3.4) version without reinstallation.
- Improved version of the target configuration tool ELK
- Security features like integrated rules based firewall, execution restriction to digitally signed binaries only, secure remote shell access, and VPN support including StrongSWAN and OpenVPN
- More than 2000 precompiled target libraries and applications such as BusyBox, XOrg7.3, Mesa7.4, QT 4.4.x, GTK+ 2.12.x, OpenSSH, Lighttpd, and many more
- Xenomai 2.4.x support for x86, PowerPC and ARM platforms
- Support of Adobe Flash Lite
More info: SYSGO