Agilent released Advanced Design System (ADS) 2009. ADS 2009 is an electronic design automation (EDA) tool for high-frequency/high-speed co-design of integrated circuits (IC), packages and boards. ADS enables circuit, package, board and system designers to work with a single EDA platform to share simulation models and minimize design rework, costs, and delays in communications product design. ADS 2009 is available now, with prices starting at approximately $18,000.
The ADS EDA co-design platform enables verification of high-frequency or high-speed system performance as soon as IC, package and PC board designs become available, either in real parts or in simulated models. With the common system-verification test benches in ADS 2009, designers can identify and correct component interactions that can negatively affect the ability to meet system performance specifications. Catching these interactions early in the design cycle prevents costly rework during final hardware integration.
ADS 2009 Features
- X-parameters can be used directly in ADS simulation to accurately represent off-the-shelf components such as amplifiers and transistors
- 3D electromagnetic parameterized components representing metal shields, antenna radomes, absorbers, packages, interconnects, finite dielectric substrates and wire bonds
- Transistor-level circuits on RFIC, MMIC, LTCC or laminate RF modules and PC boards
- Behavioral models of all types, including Verilog-A/AMS, HDL, MATLAB, IBIS, C++ and neural networks
- Netlists from HSPICE and Spectre
- Measured signal stimulus and data from Agilent signal, network and logic analyzers
- Prebuilt simulation libraries and sources compliant with the latest wireless standards such as LTE, WiMedia and VWAN wireless HD with MIMO antenna characteristics
More info: ADS 2009