Wind River VxWorks version 6.7 enables device manufacturers to address critical business issues by exploiting the capabilities of the latest multicore processors. VxWorks 6.7 helps system designers to select the optimal multicore design configuration, asymmetric multiprocessing (AMP) or symmetric multiprocessing (SMP), to deliver next-generation devices with higher performance thresholds while maintaining or reducing power consumption. In addition, VxWorks 6.7 is designed to meet the demands of manufacturers looking to lower device materials costs, consolidate system components, increase legacy re-use, and lower operating expenses, while improving time-to-market for high-quality devices with rich functionality.
VxWorks 6.7 is supported by multicore-aware tools that enable designers to efficiently develop multicore-based devices, providing new capabilities for configuration, build, debug, and simulation. Wind River Workbench development suite is an Eclipse-based collection of tools for debugging, code analysis and testing designed to accelerate time-to-market for developers building devices. In addition, Workbench On-Chip Debugging Edition provides connectivity between the host development environment and the target device via the JTAG or on-chip debugging interface on the device, enabling more efficient and effective hardware bring-up, firmware development, and device driver and BSP generation.
Wind River VxWorks 6.7 Features
- Enhancements to SMP support for performance optimizations and CPU core affinity
- Expanded development tools for debug and development of SMP and AMP systems on multicore processors
- Network offload support, optimized for wire speed packet processing on multicore processors
- Hardware optimizations for unicore and multicore processors
- Enhanced capabilities for 4G networking for WiMAX and LTE (Long Term Evolution) applications
More information: Wind River VxWorks