3M’s new development kits enable design engineers to test drive cable assemblies for their applications. The Shielded Controlled Impedance (SCI) Cable Assembly Development Kit, 2 mm from the 3M Electronic Solutions Division is designed to help engineers assess, test, and design the appropriate high performance 2 mm SCI cable-to-board solution for their application. Prices for development kits without a PCB (9401 and 9403) start at $100. Prices for development kits with a PCB (9402 and 9404) start at $250.
Designers can use the development kit to verify signal integrity, impedance matching and crosstalk performance for designs that require up to 1 Gbps single-ended performance per signal line or 5 Gbps differential performance per signal pair, bundled multi-line cable-to-board solution requiring mechanical reliability such as that offered by a latch/eject connector.
The development kits are available in four configurations:
- 9401 includes all development kit elements with a surface-mount header without the optional printed circuit board (PCB)
- 9402 includes all development kit elements with a surface-mount header with a customized test PCB
- 9403 includes all development kit elements with a through-hole header without the optional PCB
- 9404 includes all development kit elements with a through-hole header with a customized test PCB
The development kit includes:
- CD-ROM containing application note, test instruction sheet, technical sheets. The application note is illustrated with graphical data from actual lab tests under different test conditions.
- Postage-paid reply card to request product updates and register the kit
- 2 mm SCI differential and single-ended cable assemblies (twinaxial and coaxial), 24″ length
- 2×25 surface mount or through-hole 2 mm latch/eject headers
- 2×25 carrier used for bundling together the SCI cable mount connectors
- Optional specialized printed circuit board for testing
- SMA connectors for testing, mounted on the PCB for development kits that include a printed circuit board
- SMA connectors specified for development kits that do not include a printed circuit board
- Test procedures document
- Application note describing how the SCI Assembly can be used. The note is illustrated with graphical data from actual lab tests under different test conditions.
More info: 3M Interconnect Solutions