The Wind River Test Management is a test automation solution designed to help device manufacturers significantly shorten the testing process, drive down product development costs, and bring devices to market more quickly. Wind River Test Management will automate the software quality assurance process and improve overall code quality. Test Management enable teams to efficiently plan tests, execute tests, perform fact-based analysis, and rapidly resolve issues encountered throughout the testing phase. This streamlines the software-testing process so that more defects can be identified and quickly resolved. It is expected to be available in the third quarter of 2008.
Test Management Features
- Scalable, distributed testing framework that links device software development and quality assurance teams in an intelligent, collaborative workflow
- Test planning facilities, which enable test teams to create manual and automated test cases, and assign each test to a designated engineer.
- A test execution framework, which automatically executes multiple test suites on selected target devices.
- Automatic collection of test and fault data, giving developers the tools to quickly reproduce defects.
- The diagnostics interface, which enables test and development engineers to shorten the defect resolution process and reduce risk of project delays.
- Auto-generated “dynamic” code coverage and performance measurement, which is collected without any special test builds or additional test harnesses.
- Virtual Lab Management, which enables the project team to manage boards, provision new software builds and share access to boards.
- Integration into Wind River Workbench, the industry’s leading Eclipse-based development tool suite.
- Supports devices running Wind River’s leading VxWorks and Linux run-time platforms.
More info: Wind River Test Management