Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) recently release Genesys 2008.07. The new version contains improvements to the reliability of artwork masks for electromagnetic (EM) verification and RF board manufacturing, along with modeling and user interface improvements. This functionality results in shorter design cycles with fewer iterations for RF designers with tight deadlines and budgets. Genesys 2008.07 configurations for high-yield physical board design start at approximately $4,000. The “Genesys Nonlinear Pro GX” is a new configuration, which adds nonlinear simulation and Momentum GX EM simulation to Genesys Core, for approximately $16,000 total system cost, and also includes the first 12 months of support.
The Genesys 2008.07 release reliably exports RF board mask and artwork files to a wider set of board fabricators, inexpensive rapid-prototyping machines and a variety of CAD/CAM software for physical product design. The 2008.07 release also includes a graphical artwork previewer and pre-production editor, allowing designers to inspect masks for layer alignment issues, short circuits or open circuits, and then make direct real-time adjustments with less guesswork. The underlying technology for reliable artwork exchange was adapted from Agilent’s ADS 2008 platform, and is included as a free upgrade to all supported users of Agilent Genesys.
In addition to direct board fabrication, the new artwork tools allow users to import drawings for EM verification using the Momentum GX planar-3D EM simulator. Artwork exchange for Genesys users is improved particularly for the DXF, DWG and Gerber formats.
Genesys 2008.07 Ovewview
- An industry-first, real-time equation debugger, allowing users to set breakpoints and examine intermediate values of key variables inside scripts and models
- Ability to easily repair complex sets of modeling and post-processing equations
- A new industry-standard “Math Lang” scripting and modeling language that is compatible with the syntax and more than 100 math operators found worldwide in “.m” files
- “Tabbed docking windows” that open and close dynamically to maximize working screen area
- A new multithreaded environment, which remains interactive during heavy simulation, optimization, and EM sessions
- More than 200 other improvements and defect fixes, such as support for updated Wiki-based documentation and importation of “CITIfile” S-parameter data files from Agilent instruments
More info: Genesys 2008.07