Mentor Graphics Corp. (Nasdaq: MENT) recently announced its high-performance platform to accelerate the verification of PCI Express products. The new platform enables designers to test their complete system, including PCI Express I/O’s, as well as employ real-world stimulus early in the development cycle — reducing the total system verification process from weeks to hours. The platform consists of the Veloce family of hardware-assisted verification products and the iSolve PCI Express product, which provides a cost-effective and efficient solution, delivering a dynamic and accurate PCI Express verification environment. The solution is available for deployment at customer sites, effective immediately.
Combined with the Veloce product family, the iSolve PCI Express platform delivers a high-performance and easy-to-use system verification solution to develop new and leading-edge PCI Express products, without compromising delivery schedules.
- True PCI Express to PCI Express solution, with direct connection to PCI Express PC through industry-standard PCIe connector (“PCIe out-of-the-box”)
- Provides a verification solution for root complex, switch, PCI bridge, and endpoint designs
- x1, x2, x4, and x8 lane support in one product, including auto-negotiation
- Supports PCI Express standards 1.1 and 2.0 (including Gen 2.0 rate switching)
- Ready to use with evolving BIOS, drivers, and software stacks for PCI Express
- Visibility port features for debug and visibility into the design