AWR recently released Version 2008 of its Microwave Office design environment. The 2008 release includes more than 100 enhancements and major changes to the user interface that dramatically increase its flexibility for the user. Features such as project, elements, layout tabs, and the status window are now fully dockable and floatable, providing a design environment that is fully configurable to suit personal preferences. This new flexibility streamlines design tasks to save time, maximize useable screen space, provide greater insight into the design, and allow bigger designs to be handled more quickly.
Microwave Office software Version 2008 also includes enhancements to its open environment, including an interface to the popular ICED IC design and verification software tool in addition to the existing Mentor Graphics’ Calibre solution. It also incorporates improvements to the EM Socket for seamless plug and play with third-party EM tools as well as to AWR’s own ACE and AXIEM technologies.
Microwave Office Version 2008 Features
- Enhancements to the ACE automatic circuit extraction tool that provide automatic interconnect modeling of transmission lines and the ability to tune, optimize, and perform yield analysis.
- APLAC harmonic balance and optional time-domain simulators that improve the performance of highly nonlinear and complex designs.
- Optional AXIEM planar 3D EM analysis for upfront design optimization and post-layout verification.
- Support for parameterized subcircuit layouts as part of the overall design, including tuning, optimization, and yield analysis.
- New plotting capabilities that allow a measurement to be plotted versus any other measurement, such as power-added efficiency versus output power.
More info: AWR Microwave Office