MontaVista Software, Inc. is offering a webinar on power management considerations and programming techniques for embedded Linux applications for the Intel Atom processor. The 60-minute web seminar will take place on July 30 at 11:30 am Pacific Daylight Time (12:30 pm Mountain, 1:30 pm Central, 2:30 pm Eastern). The webcast will include time for questions from the audience.
- Enhance the power efficiency of your product
- Examine Intel Atom power management capabilities
- Learn about Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology
- Understand power balancing, c-states, and p-states
- Discover the two best ways to save power in Linux
- Review best practices for effective power management:
- Using CPUfreq
- The ondemand governor
- Wakeup mitigation with PowerTOP
- Making Linux device drivers aware of power management
Attendees will learn how to enhance the power efficiency of their products by taking advantage of power management capabilities in MontaVista Linux and in the Intel Atom processor. They will be able to review best practices for using CPUfreq, the ondemand governor, and wakeup mitigation with PowerTOP. Topics also include an understanding of power balancing, Intel SpeedStep® Technology, c-states, and p-states, along with ways to make Linux device drivers aware of power management.
Expert speakers include Brad Dixon, global field application engineering team leader for MontaVista Software, and Kaitlin Murphy, platform application engineer at Intel. Mr. Dixon and Ms. Murphy will share tips and best practices gained from practical applications of the technologies in customer products and devices.